Are highlighters toxic


Expected symptoms of ingesting highlighter ink include stained skin and a mildly upset stomach. If ingested, monitor the person for any unusual symptoms.

Do not use cleaning agents on the stained area, as it can be harmful to the skin's surface. The stain disappears on its own after a few days. If unusual symptoms are noticed, call the nearest poison center or consult a physician.

Related Articles
  • In addition to toxins in flowers and plants, there are many other toxic items for cats including human food. The Animal Poison Control Center warns ca ...
  • Are bromeliads toxic to cats
    Credit:Andrei SpirachePhotographer's Choice RFGetty ImagesThe American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals specifically mentions the Blus ...
  • Symptoms of grape or raisin poisoning in dogs include vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite, lethargy, dehydration and a myriad of kidney-related probl ...
  • Are orchid plants toxic to cats
    Credit:carodeanroaddesignsFlickrCC-BY-2.0Though many houseplants, including orchids, bamboo and Christmas cactus, are non-toxic for cats, it is still ...
  • What trees are toxic to dogs
    Red maple trees are also toxic to dogs. When dogs eat the fallen leaves, it can affect the way their red blood cells function. The signs of this type ...
You Might Also Like